Today, most people don’t have or get the time to walk their dogs due to various things that they need to take care of. Some get too busy working or taking care of their studies. Some are just not good at it. With that in mind, there are companies or individuals that offer their services regarding it.
Before you go and check that kind of service, why don’t you try to do it yourself. If you think that it requires some kind of expertise, think again. It just requires some of the basic things that you need to pay attention to. Well then, go ahead and consider the following tips.
Top Five Tips You Should Consider in Walking Your Dogs
In walking pet dogs, most people encounter many issues like their dog lunging, pulling and other circumstances that one encounters in keeping dogs under control. Things that you must do is to learn how to walk your dog, how you can stay in control and ensure that you have the right leash and collar for them. Well then, look at the following tips as to how you can properly walk your dogs.
- Check your body language and energy while walking your dog. Whenever you walk your dog, you must somewhat instill in your dog’s mind that you are the leader of the pack. Keeping your shoulders back and your head up would actually help a lot. Think of positive thoughts, envisioning that your dog’s walk is going well.
- Position your dog’s collar on top to their neck. Positioning the dog’s collar properly is the best solution when it comes to eliminating their pulling power. If you ever notice, whenever you place your dog’s collar in the lower part of their neck and is quite near their shoulders, their pulling power gradually increases. This is why you need to ensure that their collar is place atop their neck.
- Keeping the dog leash shorter, but not too tight. This simple tip can actually save you from lots of headache. Longer leashes allow your dogs to go wherever they desire, so ensure that you keep their leash as short as possible. However, it’s also important to keep it a bit loose and not so tight.
- Record the dog walk. Filming your dog’s walk would actually help a lot in observing how your dog behaves during the walk. It will also tell you a thing or two about your own mistakes. If possible, bring a balanced dog. This will help eliminate instances where your dog barks at other dogs.
- Practice walking your dogs. Going out in the park or streets would actually help your dog a lot when it comes to perfecting the walk. See to it that you take the time to walk your dog. If not and if you can afford to do it, hire professional dog walkers to help you do it.
Now, do you think you can master the walk? Keep in mind that as a part of your dog’s well-being, you must take the time to walk them, allowing them to have a routine exercise. Well then, you can consider the following tips and you’d surely be able to master it sooner than you expected it.